Laserflex is a full-service precision metal fabricator specializing in laser material processing technology. With facilities located in Columbus, OH and Greenville, SC, Laserflex provides services to a wide range of manufacturers throughout North America. By aligning technology and experience along with a commitment to service and quality, Laserflex provides the most efficient and competitively priced metal fabrication services in the marketplace.
We are currently looking for a full time Shipping and receiving Associate based at our Hilliard facility, working Monday- Friday 6:00AM-2:0PM.
The successful candidate will report to and work in conjunction with the Shipping Coordinator to drive in the areas of warehouse operations and health and safety.
This role will be responsible for:
* Running shipping and receiving reports
* Locating, identifying (part matches print) and counting parts
* Driving a forklift to load and unload trucks
* Wrapping / banding and unpackaging skids
* Expediting of parts through the shop
* Assembling / kitting of products
* Keeping track of daily incoming and outgoing shipment weights
* Generating monthly weight reports per DOT requirements
* Over time hours are possible
* High School Diploma
* Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role is required, preferably in the metal processing and distribution industry; forklift experience is required
* Experience reading blueprints is an asset
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Access and Mainframes; strong math skills
* Experience operating material handling equipment is an asset
* Keen attention to detail
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of health and safety procedures relevant to the position, in compliance with state regulations and the company policies
* Ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.