TITLE: Career Consultant CLASSIFICATION: Eligibility/Referral Specialist 2
HOURS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM PAY RATE: $17.73 to $19.23/hour
Join our team! Make a difference in your community. Between the great benefits and positive work environment, this is an opportunity unlike any other! We are hiring a full-time Career Consultant.
This position will focus on the coordination of services for employers and job seekers in Allen County.
- Acts as primary contact to customers, as well as employers, in the marketing and referral of customers.
- Refers customers to appropriate job center programs, assisting with resumes and registering on OMJ.
- Assists customers in developing job search skills.
- Answers and transfers phone calls within the Job Center.
- Works with local workforce development organizations and employers to determine employers’ needs, and program availability (OJT, tax credits, training incentives, etc.) to assist with job openings, new hires and employee retention.
- Posts and maintains job postings in database systems, job board, and on ohiomeansjobs.com.
- Conducts resume searches for job postings and notifies employer of candidates.
- Assist with social media and website updates and postings.
- Uses Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook to manage agency job postings.
- Determines eligibility for WIOA Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth programs.
- Maintains ongoing caseload of active clients.
- Determines eligibility for Social Services Programs co-enrolling as appropriate to assist customers in overcoming barriers to employment.
- Assists and coaches customers in financial literacy and budgeting.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Completes contracts and paperwork for training.
- Attends meeting and training sessions at the State and local levels to learn new methods, regulations and policies.
- Provide youth services/elements (i.e. financial literacy, work experience, leadership development, etc.) to Allen County, 14-24 years old participants. Provide one-on-one job readiness and job search assistance to aide youth participants in obtaining and retaining employment.
- Provides follow-up services to each participant to ensure employment retention and self-sufficiency. Tracks and assists ongoing and follow-up customers in education and/or training programs and in job search activities.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. assisting administrators and supervisors in compiling information, completion of special projects, training and meetings, etc.).
Salary and Benefits
- Pay ranges from $17.73 to $19.23/hour
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation time
- State retirement system
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Work 7.5 hours per day plus paid lunch
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred.
To Apply: email your resume and cover letter to Jessie Doyle at email@example.com