Field Engineer I - Cleveland, OH
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Centennial is a national leader in renovation, infrastructure improvements, new construction, sustainable initiatives and emergency services for facility owners. We operate a nationwide network of more than 30 offices led by construction professionals who share a common goal: to keep promises, honor commitments and exceed client expectations. Our performance helps forge strong partnerships, which are strengthened over time.
As the nation's foremost practitioner of Job Order Contracting (JOC) project delivery, Centennial tailors its performance-based approach to best address owner requirements. Centennial adapts its proven systems to ably address project intricacies, whether through Design-Build, Integrated Delivery, Construction Management, On-Call Construction, Engineering and Services or Facility Management.
Centennial serves institutions, government agencies and private industry. As a member of the Bilfinger Engineering and Services Group, Centennial helps clients better control day-to-day expenditures, lower energy consumption and reduce facility management costs.
People constitute Centennial's key differentiator - professionals committed to operating at the forefront of performance-based construction and contributing daily to mutually beneficial, long-term client partnerships.
* Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field highly desired
* Some experience in the construction industry with a commercial or industrial general contractor preferred but not required
* Experience with estimating, design, and scheduling software highly desired
* Knowledge of construction means and methods
* Experience with blueprint reading a plus but not required
* Proficient with Microsoft Office; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise and professional presentation of information
* Ability to manage all resources, to include operations support staff, vendors, subcontractors, time, and more, as well as, prioritizing tasks in order to meet tight deadlines and successfully deliver high quality projects
* Ability to work well in a team environment
Scope of Responsibility:
Assists the Project Managers, Superintendents, and/or applicable managers in all areas where support is needed. Helps monitor all projects and prepares field-related reports. Also works on scoping, estimating, procuring, and submittals.
* Assist with daily reports and other field assignments
* Assist with writing scopes of work and performing job walks
* Prepare bid documents for subcontractors
* Assemble subcontractor quotes for review
* Gather subcontractor safety information
* Perform detailed line item takeoffs and pricing in Civil/Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical
* Help develop and maintain detailed project schedules
* Provide support with project buyout, procurement of subcontractors, materials, and equipment
* Assist in tracking progress payments and invoicing from subcontractors
* Prepare AutoCAD as-built drawings and operation and maintenance manuals
* Ensure compliance with Centennial's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines, and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.)
* Responsible for notifying supervisor if an HSEQ infraction is observed
* Performance of the required job duties will be in an office environment along with visits to sites that are under construction which may include various weather conditions.
* The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
* The ability to walk terrain and surfaces that may be far, uneven, or temporary.
* The ability to regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
* The ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel.
* The ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, or reach.
* The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please reach out to Kelly Cocca Baker (703) 885 - 4600 for any questions related to this position.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Fraudulent employment offers
We are aware that fraudulent employment offers are being transmitted via email by people claiming to be employees or representatives of Bilfinger. Prospective candidates are provided job descriptions and employment letters and are asked to complete and return employment information forms as well as official tax forms. These job offers may look genuine and could include names of Bilfinger legal entities, Bilfinger executives, their signatures, seals of "authenticity", the Bilfinger brand and logo.
Please be advised that these communications are FRAUDULENT and are NOT sent from anyone within or affiliated with Bilfinger. These email messages are a scam and should be treated as such. Bilfinger does not make job offers via social media, unsolicited email or without personally interviewing candidates first. We never send you cheques in order to pay contractors to set up a home office. Never send money or pass on personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with Bilfinger, and never reply to an email address that does not end in @bilfinger.com.
If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have. You also may forward the messages to .
If you are interested in an employment with Bilfinger, please submit your application in the safe environment of our only.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.