PPG Lima, OH Plant has an opportunity for an Electrician with Fabricator experience. The Electrician is responsible to build, maintain, modify, install, troubleshoot, and repair industrial electrical equipment, including but not limited to control panels, high/low voltage feeds, device controls, and general servivce. Assist with fabrication and installation of industrial equipment and machinery.
- Install, maintain, modify, and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment related to:
- Motors for fans, pumps, power transmissions.
- Devices for sensing process parameters (conductivity, level, temperature, airflow, etc.,).
- Switches to ensure proper position and location.
- Solenoids fo controlling flow of liquids/gasses.
- Power feed to/from control panels and facility sub-stations.
- Control wiring within panels and to field devices.
- Remain in compliance with current National Electric Code.
- Inspect and test components of electrical systemsm including transformers and switch gears.
- Complete work orders and record material utilizied on jobs.
- Run communication cables and test for adequate operation.
- Utilize blueprints,wiring diagrams and manufacturer's installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
- Survey electrical systems, circuits, and plans.
- Communicate with Electrical and Mechanical Machine Designers/Engineers to understand blueprints, schematics, and design intent.
- Work with Fabrication Shop Lead to develop daily and or weekly tasks/schedules.
- Communicate inventory levels of tools and essential electrical supplies.
- Fabricates and assembles metal and structural assemblies, this may consist of:
- Handle and move various size of steel structures and assembles via overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Measure, cut, various steel, tubing and angle pieces. Punch and drill holes in various steel components.
- Hammer,chip, and grind workpiece to cut, bend and straighten metal. Position, aligns, fits and welds together parts.
- Design and constructs templates and fixtures, verfiy conformance or workpiece to specifications.
- Set up and operate tools associated with fabricating shops: press brake, shears, punch press, material handling equipment.
- Use torch and plasm arc cutter. Set up welders with the correct welding media and gas.
- Experience in plumbing (black iron and PVC).
- Prior electrical experience is required.
- Fabrication experience is preferred.
- Three to five years of previous electrical experience is preferred.
Shift: First Shift
Pay: $23.00 per hour
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement: http://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf
To Apply: Apply online at https://ppg.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/electrician-19383