As a Fabricator with PPG, you will be an essential part of our operations, ensuring that a quality product is deliverable to our customers when they need them.
Your work will directly impact people's lives. Without you, our products would not be available to paint the nursies of new parents, to make residents or retirement homes feel more at home, and even keep travelers safe in the skies when flying to see family during the holidays!
- Handles and moves various sizes of steel plates
- Measures and cuts various steel, tubing, and angle pieces
- Punches and drills holes in various steel components
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto work piece
- Hammers, chips, and grinds work piece to cut, bend, an straighten metal
- Preheats work pieces
- Positions, aligns, fits, and welds together parts
- Designs and constructs templates and fixtures
- Verifies conformance of work pieces to specifications
- Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products
- Set up and operates machine tools associated with fabricating shops such as press brake, shears, punch press, and material handling equipment
- Uses torch and plasma arc cutter
- Reads basic blue prints to fabricate metal components and assemblies
- Should have basic knowledge of plumbing PVC pipe and fittings
- Some traveling required
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 - 2 years of welding experience ( including MIG, TIG, STICK )
- Basic Blue print reading experience required
Shift: First shift
Pay: $25.00 per hour
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
EEO is the Law: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement: http://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf To Apply: Apply online at https://ppg.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/fabricator-22602