At MTD Products, we do more than just design, manufacture, market, and sell outdoor power equipment. We are an industry leader driven by a greater purpose to inspire people to care for and enjoy the outdoors. As employees, we foster collaboration and teamwork, drive for results, champion change, and inspire and motivate others to high performance. We value stewardship, passion, respect, integrity, and gratitude. And, every day we build upon the strong corporate culture that makes MTD a great place to build a career.
Founded in 1932 and headquartered in Valley City, Ohio, MTD is a global company known for innovation and award-winning lawn mowers, snow blowers and other equipment for both residential and professional markets. Our family of brands includes Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, Robomow, Rover, and WOLF-Garten - all backed by our strong network of MTD support focused on uncompromising quality, service and value through advanced manufacturing.
Reporting directly to the Director, Product Risk & Claims Management the Product Support Specialist shall be responsible for claims handling and the administration of the data associated with all product liability claims. This individual performs initial claim and litigation file set-up, claim processing and properly prepares all documents necessary for the claim to be successfully closed. This individual is also responsible to work an individual case-load of product liability claims, including, but not limited to: conducting interviews of the claimant; investigation of claims; conducting settlement negotiations; and properly prepares all documents necessary to successfully close claims.
* To assist with the general, operational, financial and administrative management of all product liability / personal injury claims of the Corporation
* To maintain and develop the Legal Tracker database matter management system for managing product liability claims and providing notice of same to insurers
* To assist with reports to the General Counsel and to the product liability team on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
* To handle a claims case load from inception to completion as an important member of the Risk Management Team
* Perform other duties as needed to fully contribute to increased efficiency in the product liability Risk Management Section.
* Background or specialized training in Risk Management
* Working knowledge in the design, service and operation of outdoor power products or similar mechanical systems
* Detail oriented with proven experience and ability in organizing and prioritizing workload
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
* Demonstrate a proactive approach and the ability to organize to achieve results
* A high degree of negotiation skills with the ability to anticipate and plan for potential objections when making proposals
* Generate new ideas to improve performance, translating these ideas into practical solutions and streamline departmental processes
* Advance personal computer skills and demonstrated competency in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access data base; and Legal Tracker matter management software
* A minimum of 1-3 years in a relevant position
* Associate degree or higher with emphasis on risk management and or product engineering
* One - three years of professional experience in the administration of claims and/or Four years of customer service work.
Work Environment: Office
MTD offers a competitive salary and benefit package that includes 401k, Defined Contribution Plan, Health and Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.