Cooper Farms is a family-owned farm and food company based in Northwest Ohio for over 80 years. Our Processing Plant produces some of the highest quality turkey products in America, and you can join us in feeding others today. Cooper Farms is currently looking for General Production team members to work 1st shift. If you want to work in a fast-paced environment with many opportunities to grow, apply today!
Cooper Farms consistently works to be more than just a workplace to our team members. We provide generous paid vacation immediately after hire, eight (8) paid holidays; medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and FREE healthcare clinics; a 401(k) plan with company match; year-end profit-sharing bonuses; great deals on Cooper Farms deli and turkey products; a $300 yearly wellness reimbursement, and so many more opportunities to earn and grow with the company. Apply today to learn what “more than a workplace” really means!
Deboning Production (6:15am - 3:57pm)
- Keep workstation clean and ensure all yielded meat is handled safely.
- Rotate with other team members as directed.
- Closely follows directions to operate all equipment in a safe manner.
- Wear all required PPE.
- Follow work instructions for proper turkey processing.
- Maintain good attendance and report to work on time.
- Report any issues to supervisor or higher-level employee.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change.
Evis Production (4:30am - 12:30pm)
- Perform all job functions as assigned by supervisor which could involve: pulling feathers, rehang, neck slit, vent gun, j-cut, heart/liver harvest, viscera drop, lung gun, crop, oil gland, salvage, & hock clipper.
- Rotate with other team members as directed by supervisor.
- Help keep your work stations clean and keep edible products off of the floor
- Repeat process to insure continuous smooth and efficient operations.
- Maintain a good attitude toward all fellow team members and company.
- Maintain an active interest in improving performance level.
- Actively maintains high personal sanitary measures by following the established guidelines.
- Maintain a good attendance record and report to work on time.
- Perform related duties as apparent or assigned.
- Demonstrates an active interest and positive safety attitude.
- Demonstrates an active interest in producing quality products/services
These are the current essential functions of the job and are subject to change
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at times.
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate and utilize a variety of equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work in temperatures below 50°F and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the plant.
- Must be able to work 8+ hours with a flexible end time.