The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for system analysis, design, development and testing for their assigned technical product(s) or application(s), within the context of an agile/DevOps delivery model. In addition, they will extend their DevOps responsibilities to take on Operations topics and may also fill the Agile delivery roles of Business Analyst and Scrum Master.
Key accountabilities of the function (pls. use suitable verbs as agree, verify, operate, support, prepare, decide, etc.) Analysis and Design: Within the context of the BMW FS Software Development Life Cycle and other relevant processes:
* Analyze business requirements
* Perform technical analysis of new and existing systems
* Triage and analyze tickets
* Develop design documentation and other relevant collateral
* Estimate work effort
* Support, guide and lead other associates in the understanding of legacy systems Development and Testing: Utilize BMW FS standard practices for development and delivery of projects and maintenance tickets including the following key tasks:
* Coding and configuration
* Code reviews and peer consultations
* Unit testing and unit test development
* System, integration and user acceptance test planning, execution and testing support
* Defect management and resolution Operations and Support: Fulfill the breadth of DevOps tasks, including:
* Steering providers in the execution of tier 2 support tasks
* Resolving escalated support topics
* Leveraging and enhancing operations and development tools
* Planning and executing upgrades and replacements to ensure that hardware and software components remain supported
* Executing ITSM/ITIL processes to ensure ongoing stable operations and alignment with SLAs Business Analysis: Execute the Business Analyst Agile Role by:
* Building a strong understanding of the assigned business processes, functions, roles and rules
* Owning the functional solution- the big picture story - of the initiative being delivered
* Collaborating with the Business to elicit requirements, define acceptance criteria, and maintain a prioritized product backlog
* Creating user stories to the level of granularity required by the team
* Clarifying inconsistencies and resolving issues to bridge the gap between user expectations and the delivered product
* Testing deliverables against a user story's acceptance criteria to validate that the delivered product meets the business goals Scrum Master: Execute the Scrum Master Agile Role by:
* Leading the Agile team in the adoption and execution of Agile processes
* Planning and facilitating key Agile events including daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
* Collaborating with the Product Owner to manage the Product backlog
* Clearing obstacles and enabling the efforts of the scrum team Coordination and Administration: Support efficient work processes by:
* Coordinating day to day activities with team members
* Leading and mentoring other team members as appropriate
* Coordinating release planning and off-cycle efforts
* Resolving or escalating risks and issues
* Executing resource planning and time tracking processes Impact on innovations and changes (What is the expected extent of change of a function in terms of processes, systems, etc.?)
* Balancing speed to market, product quality and cost in the design and implementation of technical solutions.
* Developing technical solutions that appropriately account for both evolving technology and future business requirements.
* Executing in an evolving agile environment Purpose and subject of the interaction/communication with internal/external interfaces, negotiating mandate (e.g. What is communicated how to whom?)
* Close collaboration with IT colleagues and the Business in the design and implementation of technical solutions.
* Performance of activities and interactions with our internal and external customers through verbal or written communication should reflect adherence to the company's core values.
Educational Background / Professional Knowledge and Experience / Other Skills Education
* Bachelor's Degree Work experience, Leadership experience Requirements
* 5 - 10 years IT experience
* 3 - 5 years application development in a Microsoft environment Preferences
* 1 - 2 years Financial Services industry
Additional skills: special skills / technical ability etc.
* Strong knowledge of common concepts, architectures and processes in software development.
* Well-versed in dealing with common IT technologies (e.g. Java, .Net, C#, Web, databases, Siebel, or SAP)
* Familiarity with financial services lease and loan applications.
* Experience in a multi-location, international environment.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to sell complex topics with members of management at all levels.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.