On behalf of a agricultural company based in Akron, OhioMeansJobs Summit County is currently recruiting for Facility Operations - Production Team.
An indoor agricultural company that cultivates hydroponic produce year round. The controlled environment grow systems have been customized to suit the needs of the lettuce, basil, microgreens, and wheat grass grown at the facility. The company prides itself on hard work and dedication to producing the highest quality, freshest produce available.
The employer is looking to hire a qualified employee who can assist in the production operations of the indoor hydroponic farm. This driven individual will work as a part of the production team to complete every task from start to finish in the cultivation of the produce.
Key functions and responsibilities performed by an individual in this role are as follows:
- Receiving inventory
- Sowing of seeds into grow media
- Transplanting of germinated seedlings into grow systems
- Planting of seedling plugs into grow systems
- Harvesting produce to stock
- Cleaning of grow systems
- General cleaning and upkeep of grow facility
Employees will be trained as needed by the team to perform the tasks necessary to fulfill their role. Agricultural experience is not necessary but welcomed. Employer embraces a company culture where every individual is given the opportunity to make themselves and the business better.
The ideal candidate for the position has the following attributes:
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- High attention to detail
- Ability to perform regular physical labor (physical requirements noted below)
- Being a team player
- Learning to work efficiently
Standard Physical Requirements for
- Regularly able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds unassisted
- Able to work on feet for several hours at a time
- Frequent work at height levels exceeding 3 feet (necessary equipment provided)
- Working while frequently reaching above shoulders and bending below waist