On behalf of a Video Production company located in Akron, OhioMeansJobs Summit County is currently recruiting for a Production Assistant.
● Participate in video shoots and live events
● Assist (and when needed, lead) production equipment preparation, operation, teardown, and storage
● Create and develop video and animation-based pieces
● Create concepts for creative pieces
● Work within deadlines and project scopes
● Be comfortable working in an open, collaborative environment
● Work within software such as Asana, Slack and Harvest
● Assist in establishing and building client relationships, as needed
● Work directly with other Producers, the Production Manager and other team members, reporting to Creative Director
● We work on a wide variety of video-based projects and work with a broad range of software and tools. It is not a requirement to be experienced in all items below, but it is necessary to have knowledge, and experience, in some. Knowing which you’re most familiar and passionate about is a huge help in determining what you’re capable of, and if you’re a fit for our team. A strong desire to learn is vital, as our team and equipment is always evolving to stay up-to-date with modern trends.
● Knowledge of a variety of camera systems, including high-end systems. We utilize everything from RED Digital Cinema Cameras with professional lenses to GoPros, and everything in between
● Animation experience, focused in Adobe After Effects. Both fully-animated pieces as well as animation-complimenting-video skills are hugely valuable. Cinema 4D experience is a bonus.
● Editing knowledge, primarily in Adobe Premiere. Long-form as well as short-form and multi-format knowledge is a plus
● On-site video shoot experience, in all roles. Our shoots generally include roles of Producers, Directors, Camera Operators/DPs, Key/Normal Grips, Audio Techs, etc, as well as an even wider assortment of personnel for live events
● Over time, a high comfort level leading video shoots and directing talent for interview-style shoots and narrative-driven pieces
● General knowledge of style, timing and storytelling (regardless of format and application)
● Knowledge of new-age/emerging technology such as Aerial, VR and FPV
● Experience in creating scripts and storyboards for video and animation-based pieces