Work Schedule: Normal Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30a - 4:00p. Employee will be working a flexible schedule and may be assigned to different days/hours as a part of the condition of employment. Employee may rotate on-call status with other staff members, receiving standby pay during the shift and must be available for overtime when required.
Installs, maintains and repairs electrical equipment and/or generators on campus.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performs general electrical work, including installation, repair and maintenance.
- Coordinates with departmental and campus shops regarding utilities.
- May program and monitor energy usage.
- May maintain generators.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and schematics
- Knowledge of basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of basic reading skills
- Ability to carry out verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and written
- Detailed-oriented and highly accurate
- Ability to work in changing environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and/or staff or the public and represent BGSU appropriately
- Ability to coordinate or lead others in accomplishing work activities
- Knowledge of basic computer skills
- Knowledge of computer skills, such as MS Office, presentations, spreadsheets and/or database entry/query
- Ability to access and maintain document imaging systems, including scanning and filing documents
- Ability to operate computers and peripheral equipment such as printers
- Ability to draft office correspondence
- Ability to perform basic computer programming
- Knowledge of basic science and scientific methods
- Ability to operate hand and/or power tools appropriate to the trade
- Knowledge of utility systems, units of measure, dynamics of power systems
- Ability to operate and use manual and power custodial equipment
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- How do you engage with equity, diversity, and/or inclusion in the work setting?
- Three to six months related experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the University’s insurance
Full-time, Classified staff position available. Pay Grade 27/$18.92 Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: open until filled
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.