Fay Industries, part of the Ryerson Family of Companies, specializes in carbon, stainless, aluminum and alloy bar products for a wide range of industries. We have built a reputation for delivering excellence in long product distribution and processing with the customers and industries we serve.
We are currently seeking a qualified and safety conscious 3rd shift Saw Operator to join our warehouse team in Strongsville, OH.
Successful candidates will handle the following responsibilities as indicated below:
* Operate CNC cold/circular and band saw cutting equipment
* Read micrometers, tape measure & calipers
* Operate a forklift/side loader, which can require the employee to climb on and off of a forklift multiple times during the shift
* Operate a strapping machine (handheld piece of equipment used to secure product for shipping)
* Operate an overhead crane with the use of a remote control or pendant
* Material handling- the filling of orders requires an employee to manually move material onto a skid/pallet or create a bundle for shipment to customer.
* Perform quality inspections ranging from visually inspecting material while processing it to performing dimensional checks with certified measuring equipment
* All employees are provided with and required to wear uniforms and PPE which consists of Kevlar sleeves, cut resistant gloves, Safety boots eye protection and a mask
* Maintain safety, quality, and productivity standards of each job assignment
* Keep areas clean and organized
* 3rd shift works from 8pm - 4:30am, Sunday to Thursday
* High School diploma or GED required
* Experience in metals or warehouse setting is an asset
* Previous overhead crane (sheet lifter, chains, slings, hoists, magnets, or hooks) and forklift experience is preferred
* Prior saw experience, along with the ability to learn and operate all saws is preferred
* Experience with hand tools for banding and packaging material preferred
* Understanding of work order packaging specifications is an asset
* Safety focused, collaborative team player and a willingness to work overtime when needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.