Job Title: Contract Evaluator (02:12205)
Work Location: 315 High Street – 9th Floor
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. or 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Writes and prepares legally binding contracts between vendors and the agency, reviews and analyzes contracts and invoices for accuracy & adherence to agency, state &/or federal statutes, regulations, rules, policies, &/or procedures. Monitors spending by the contracting agencies, prepares correspondence for local office &/or inter-office communications regarding changes & adjustments that need to be made due to changes in agency or federal guidelines. Communicates any necessary changes after reviewing, evaluating, and monitoring the ongoing results of the contract, acts as a liaison between the program manager, prosecutor, county administration, and the contracted agency.
- Provides technical assistance to contracted services at all stages of the program to be able to monitor continued compliance of set guidelines. Aid in the program’s adoption to new &/or changing guidelines, assist in the development of the program proposal & budget; communicate by telephone, email, or via on-site visits to clarify any problems & ensure compliance with set guidelines of the of the contract; assists the contractor with reports to aid in auditing practices, records and processes all invoices for payment, reports results and concerns of the program to the program manager.
- Provides technical & informational assistance with staff members prior to, during, & after contract negotiations regarding any clarifications & enforcement of all contract specifications in order to stay within compliance of the state & federal laws & regulations. Prepares reports of expenditures made out of each account, sets up & maintains spreadsheets that are easily accessible and readable by other staff, reports any possible misuse of funds &/or noncompliance with contract specifications.
- Ensures that the scope of services provided by the contracted providers is conveyed to relevant program staff.
- Completion of undergraduate major core coursework in business administration or communication with a focus on legal studies or related field.
- Preferred one year of experience in contract writing and negotiation or three courses or eighteen months experience in business law, two courses or twelve months experience in accounting, one course or six months experience in finance, and one course or six months experience in typing, keyboarding, or word processing.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
Selection Procedure: Resumes and Interviews
Submit Cover Letter
and Resume To: Butler County Commissioners Personnel Office
(please indicate Job 315 High Street, Suite 640
Title in Cover Letter) Hamilton, OH 45011
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please indicate Job Title in subject line)
BUTLER COUNTY WILL CONSIDER INTERNAL APPLICANTS PRIOR TO EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Pursuant to the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Butler County will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including persons with disabilities. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. Upon the request of any qualified applicant, this office will evaluate any reasonable accommodation that may be needed to enable a disabled person to participate in the application process or perform these essential duties.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER