The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we're the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to "create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients". If you're looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best - contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Garage Attendant will meet and greet each customer with courtesy and great customer service, ensure the garage is clean and preform minor maintenance duties.
Principal Job Duties:
* Meet and greet each customer with courtesy and great customer service.
* Helps customers process tickets and provide direction.
* Switch signs when needed.
* Adept at navigating and processing transactions with mobile handheld device (i.e.- iPhone/Android)
* Understand the surroundings and building area in order to answer questions.
* Direct traffic.
* Answer customer service questions concerning parking and general inquiries in a courteous, professional and effective manner.
* Collect parking fees.
* Keeps record of all transactions processed during shift.
* Provide feedback on areas that need client attention.
* Provide special project assistance.
* Communicate with other staff and management.
* Ensure that all safety standards are maintained.
* Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required.
* Strong customer service experience.
* Cash handling experience is preferred but not required.
* Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
* Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
* Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
* Must be open to feedback, differing opinions and other points of view.
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
* Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
* Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
* Willingness to work in the elements - heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
* Ability to lift, push and pull at least 10 pounds.
* Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
* Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform
the essential duties/functions.
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.