Working under minimal supervison of the Supervisor, Configuration, relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals, the Lead Technician, Configuration provides leadership and mentoring to the Configuration technicians and support staff to provide value added services that meet or exceed industry quality standards. The Lead conducts briefings and participates in technical and managerial meetings concerning both general operations and specific issues. The Lead coordinates resources to effectively configure computer equipment and other products. Works with technicians to discover solutions to increase the productivity, quality and effciency of the department, and to minimize and prevent errors. Updates and audits procedures, internal databases and reports. Ensures that new technicians get the proper training to do their job effectively.
Normal hours for this position are 3:00pm to 11:30pm, Monday through Friday with overtime and weekend work as needed.
Education and Experience
Major if applicable:
Electronics or related IT field
Certifications, Licenses or Registrations required, if any:
Minimum years of career experience to qualify for role:
Includes a minimum of 2 year(s) of work experience in progressively responsible roles in the fill in the blank like value added reseller industry for example.
Total years of career experience to be fully proficient:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The minimum skills and/or competencies required to be successful in the position are listed below.
* Operating knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Linux and Apple operating systems.
* Meet industry standards and vendors' training and certification requirements to perform all parts of the job
* Ability to read complex schematic and diagrams
* Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Ability to assist and to support Technician I & II and to resolve their issues and needs
* Ability to stay current on training and certification
* Ability to coordinate and to assign tasks to complete daily work
* Ability to make good judgements and to work without supervision
* Good communication and customer service skills
* Ability to identify needs and tools to better perform the daily work
* Ability to mentor and to assist other technicians
* Excellent organization skills and track of records
Other Behavioral Competencies
* Adaptable with ability to switch tasks based on shifting priorities
* Interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work well with all levels of the organization
* Detail oriented with item by item focus, meticulous attention to detail with ability to proofread for accuracy
* Judgment with ability to formulate opinions, compare and decide with good sense
* Organized state of mind with ability to document activities, set priorities and meet deadlines
* Ability to work in teamwork and to fit into teamwork environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled