ASSISTANT PORTFOLIO MANAGER - PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
VineBrook Homes is an internally managed real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. An early investor and developer of the Single-Family Rental home (SFR) asset class, we commenced operations in late 2007. Our proven, yield-focused investment strategy targets a unique opportunity building a portfolio of workforce SFR assets in key secondary and tertiary markets. Our growing SFR REIT portfolio is currently comprised of approximately 15,000 homes. VineBrook Homes is undergoing a major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 25,000+ homes.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Assistant Portfolio Manager conducts a multitude of duties and functions that contribute positively to the overall results of the portfolio, as defined by target operational metrics and financial performance goals. The Assistant Portfolio Manager is exposed and involved with all facets of the market's property management cycle, resident interactions, and oversight tasks as an extension of the Portfolio Manager, often acting as the first line of decision making for standard scenarios. Generally, prioritization of work, focus areas, and ad-hoc projects are at the direction of the Portfolio Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General support to the Portfolio Manager on tasks, projects, organization, planning, and meetings at the direction of the Portfolio Manager. The Assistant Portfolio Manager will often act as the first line of review, overview, approval or direction for core property management tasks in VineBrook's workflow.
- Agent performance monitoring via ShowPro review, lead follow-up and advertising of unit execution, conversion ratios, and participation in monthly goal setting and delivery
- Application Screening Monitoring the Applicant Tracking report to move applicants forward, collecting or communicating missing or needed data or documentation to agents
- Approval of Screened Residents with Approved Status
- Rejection of Screened Residents with Reject Status
- Initial investigation/documentation request and work on Conditional
- Status, presenting recommendation to PM if recommended for Approval
- General agent support as deemed necessary advertising, posts, RentCafe, actual leasing
- Compliance monitoring and responsibility lease uploads, complete files, etc.
- General participation in R&M performance review at PM direction or discretion
- 1st tier escalation for upset residents interacting with service admin, admin, or retention specialist presenting issue and recommendation to PM
- Determination of validity and authority to enter PM Requests into Yardi for occupied issues to be sent to service team for resolution
- Monitoring of open PM requests to ensure they are closed out in a timely manner and resident is communicated with via Assistant PM or Service Admin
- Participates in rate-setting discussions or planning for upcoming renewal letters
- 1st tier escalation for upset residents to generate resolution PM Request, rate increate concessions, etc. monitored via retention rate and renewal rate growth goals
- Delinquency/collections calls during first 10 business days
- Violations management assistance as needed Delivery, calls, PM requests, close-out tracking
- General retention specialist support as deemed necessary renewal signing assistance, property inspections, resident outreach, move-out confirmation calls, etc.
- Monitoring and close-out of CAA and YU tasks in conjunction with PM
- Setting YU units to on-show and setting market rates using SOP and market knowledge
- Exposure to AE task, but with no authority for AE approval
- General service manager support as necessary MIR assistance, agent pushback review, etc.
- Exposure and monitoring to periodic budget and actual results
- Participation and review of results and goal setting or focus changes, analysis, or adhoc assignment to improve or correct areas of weakness relative to net operating income goals
- Assists the team with various tasks, essentially handling most administrative functions in the office, the overflow, resident follow-up, and any unassigned tasks
- Assist with move-in or move-out tasks as volume necessitates
- Month End Close assistance via report monitoring, agent accountability, compliance, etc.
- Attends court proceedings when necessary
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to details, analytical, interpersonal and communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude with computers, internet, network phone systems, MS Office and Salesforce
- Must be capable of working effectively with people from differing backgrounds/education levels
- 2-5 Yrs Experience
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Civil & Criminal Background Check
We offer industry competitive wages and benefits. Comprehensive training is offered to all employees, with additional education offered to those interested in greater opportunities. Each employee must pass a national background check and full panel drug screening.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.