OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is partnering with a local manufacturing company to source for an Electrician.
Performs a variety of duties for the facility including installing machinery, troubleshooting and repairing machines, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, as well as the upkeep of the plant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots and repairs various AC & DC drives and motors.
- Reads and interprets electrical schematics and diagrams.
- Performs electrical maintenance on printing, folding, and cutting machinery.
- Maintains building including the installation of conduit and wire, plumbing repairs, building repairs, and repairs to the HVAC.
- Assists in the preparation and installation of new or relocated machinery.
- Maintains and repairs vacuum pumps and compressors.
- Troubleshoots and maintains all preventative maintenance on HVAC systems.
ADDITIONAL DEPARTMENT OR POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Basic in written and verbal communications skills.
- Must follow all applicable safety procedures concerning personal protective equipment, equipment operation, machine and tool operation, and repair/installation work.
- Complies with safety rules and regulations (wear proper safety attire; steel toed shoes or coverings, hearing protection, safety glasses, shields and gloves as needed), is not involved in horseplay, is cautious when near equipment and machines, always make sure safety guards and contactors are in place and operational. Maintains clean machine and work area (sweeps, removes waste, etc).
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (refers to job, not incumbent):
Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum: 1-3 years related electrical experience.
Preferred: 5 years related electrical experience.
Special Skills Required:
- Understands electrical circuits and motor control wiring.
- Possess basic understanding of blue prints, HVAC, and compressed air.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach, climb, balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS (relates to physical environment):
Manufacturing environment. Exposure to high production/output machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue, etc – all materials an employee may come in contact with are detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), and constant noise. Must be able to work in hot or cold weather.
(216) 777-8209 office