UES, Inc. has an opportunity available for a full-time Computer Engineer to join our multi-disciplined team of engineers and scientists to develop and utilize world-class test facilities in support of materials test and evaluation using high energy lasers in a variety of aerothermal and relevant environments. This individual will use a combination of expertise and creativity with a hands-on approach to develop software for control systems including industrial controllers such as Allen-Bradley PLCs and human-machine interfaces (HMIs). Additional skills using National Instruments (NI) LabVIEW® to develop data collection and analysis programs are desired in addition to managing an ad-hoc network collection of acquisition and analysis computers.
The Computer Engineer will be involved in the set-up of test apparatus and diagnostics, according to designs, test methods, and specifications, in support of laser effects testing. Experience using and programing PLCs is required. Experience in the use of oscilloscopes, digital meters, and other electrical and electro-mechanical test equipment will be required. Ability to execute experimental R&D projects in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, safety restrictions and environmental practices will be required. A self-motivated individual with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment we be ideal for this role. Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills are desired. Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Software development including requirements definition, design, coding, test, and integration
- Create software applications using standard tools including GUI, hardware/software interface, data acquisition, database, and real-time data displays
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar engineering disciplines.
- Working knowledge of computer programs (MS Office, Visio, Solidworks, Allen-Bradley Logix and FactoryTalk View platforms, etc.), and laboratory and measurement equipment.
- Working knowledge of any / all the following is a plus:
- Asynchronous and multi-threaded programming
- Database development
- Communication protocols such as TCP/IP, RS-232/422, IEEE-488
- API utilization
- Image capture and processing
- DAQ device specification and programming
- Laboratory measurement equipment operation and communication
- Electro-optical devices
- Strong mechanical skills with knowledge of controls such as solenoid valves, operators, pumps, and motors are a plus.
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.