UES, Inc. has a part-time opportunity available (<20 hours per week) for a Laboratory Support Specialist, focused in materials handling and tracking, to join our team supporting research within the 711th Human Performance Wing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. The individual filling this position will be responsible for tracking hazardous and non-hazardous materials and disposal of hazardous waste within biological laboratories. The candidate will also ensure data integrity within an Air Force wide hazardous materials and hazardous waste tracking system. They will also assist in maintaining compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations and standards. A highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated team player, with excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic is required for success in this role.
- Current enrollment in, or completion of an Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e., biology, chemistry, engineering) or related field is required
- Familiarity with OSHA and EPA regulations and standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.