- Performs pre-trip inspection of vehicles, trailers, and cargo to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order, and to ensure that cargo is undamaged and all load-related documentation is complete and accurate. Delivers product from the Distribution Center to the customers location, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
- Unloads product from truck to customers dock, inspecting cargo and completing required documentation.
- Performs all job responsibilities in adherence with established Company driving policies and procedures. Remains compliant with Company, state and federal testing and licensing requirements, submitting proof as requested.
- Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles as required per Company policies and procedures.Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CDL license required Class A.
- Ability to adhere to established safe driving guidelines.
- Ability to use equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to load trucks, and remain certified to operate all such equipment.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
- Hazmat training for hauling hazardous materials may be required.
High School or better.
1year: class a cdl tractor/trailer experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity