Job ID: 311077
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company,a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
Oldcastle Lawn and Garden is looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit to support all aspects of a fast-paced lawn & garden products manufacturing facility. Daily duties include monitoring daily key point measures,safety, production flow and material costs. In this role, the Production Supervisor will provide leadership to staff, assess performance, schedule and direct all operational activities to ensure product quality and consistency while promoting a Safety is #1 atmosphere and culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementing process improvement methods and ensuring non-stop operations and ongoing production in an effective, safe and profitable manner
- Responsible for inventory management, labor, production efficiency and cost controls
- Provide leadership to staff, assessing performance, scheduling and directing all operational activities to ensure quality and consistency
- Ensuring workplace safety through implementation, adherence and enforcement of company business standards, as well as safety and development programs
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturingexperience
- Must have skills in training employees: planning, assigning and directing work
- Must have excellent multi-tasking, analytical and communication skills
- Must have mechanical knowledge of machines, equipment, and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Experience in wood/pulp/mulch manufacturing preferred
- Experience with heavy equipment and machinery (including but not limited to front end loaders, screeners, grinders)
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity