Job ID: 316179
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company,a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
As an Oldcastle Machine Operator, you will operate manual and/or automated machinery in a fast-paced, covered and uncovered manufacturing environment, perform preventive maintenance, set up production machinery and ensure proper machine performance, making a quality product for our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe equipment operation and components, such as sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, conveyor belts, and photo eyes, to detect machine malfunction
- Read gauges, change settings, move levers, shift gears, and depress pedals to operate equipment
- Use touchpads and computerized equipment to program automated machinery
- Set stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Perform routine maintenance of production equipment to include lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
- Otherduties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Requirements / Education / Experience
- 3+ years of related experience in trades specific to job requirements; or equivalent
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working knowledge of safety principles, such as lock-out/tag-out
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity