Job ID: 332999
Northfield, a CRH company, is a division withinOldcastle APG. APG is North Americas leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36states and 5Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
As an Oldcastle Loader Operator, you will operate a front-end loader in anoutdoor environment. Operators will use loaders to move bulk material throughout a manufacturingfacility,while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Observes equipment operation to detect machine malfunction
- Performs routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operateequipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Experience using heavy equipment/front end loader
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to sit for extended periods in operation of equipment on varying surfaces (paved, dirt, multilevel)
- Able to climb up & down from cab heights with ease multiple times per hour
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision
- Must be able to work effectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
- Must be flexible to work OT as needed
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Northfield, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity