Purchasing - Buyer
Akron, OH, USA
Monday, September 20, 2021
Myers Industries, Inc. is an international manufacturer of polymer-based material handling products and a wholesale distributor of tire repair and retread products. As a diversified manufacturing company, Myers Industries offers a broad range of products across multiple markets, including industrial, agriculture, food processing, healthcare, and consumer.
Buyer with Myers Tire Supply
Myers Tire Supply is a multi-million dollar distribution company seeking a Buyer to join its Purchasing Department. We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to help our organization succeed. The Buyer will be responsible for developing, executing, monitoring and managing the demand and supply plan for assigned products. Tasked with using internal forecast data, historical system data and other insights to develop demand plans and make purchases that support an optimal balance between inventory, turns and sales order fill rates at each Myers Tire Supply distribution center.
What will our Buyer do?
* Places orders with suppliers using parameters developed within the department. Expedite orders to ensure timely receipt of goods.
Monitor and manage supplier delivery plans to achieve desired service levels, minimize stock-outs and delivery costs.
* Analyze inventory and forecasts to determine additional product needs, return or liquidate slow selling goods and cancellations with vendors.
* Manage PO acknowledgements, promised delivery dates by suppliers, operational notes, purchasing descriptions, item numbers and specifications.
* Support the company's product initiatives to ensure adequate inventory is planned and available to support product launch, business initiatives, promotions and events.
* Manage customer service questions, invoice discrepancies and receiving issues in a timely manner.
* Monitors supplier performance to anticipate inventory or order fill problems before they occur.
* Oversee life cycle of product assortments from item set up to liquidation.
* Responsible for the following Key Performance Indicators via reporting to management
o Fill rate
o Inventory turns
o Vendor scorecard for on time delivery, shipment condition and quality, vendor lead time including order min and order multiples
o Backorder management
The Right Candidate will have:
Bachelor's degree in conjunction with experience as a Buyer/Planner
Intermediate level of knowledge with Microsoft Excel
Ability to negotiate product availability and delivery with vendors
Professional approach when interacting with others
Ability to prioritize, multi-task and to carry a heavy workload
Preferred Qualifications, Skills
Product knowledge in the automotive parts aftermarket
Institutional knowledge within Myers Tire Supply
Demonstrated decision making skills
A Career with a High Rate of Return:
* We offer competitive compensation and a wide range of benefits, including:
o Paid time off
o Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
o 401(k) with company match
o Employee Stock Purchase Plan
o Life and Disability insurance
About Myers Tire Supply
Myers Tire Supply distributes a complete line of tire valve hardware, tire patches, tire changing tools, equipment and back shop supplies. We are also the automotive aftermarket's source for solutions to help better manage your business. These programs are presented to customers through our knowledgeable sales representatives and on our website. Our network of four distribution centers, delivers in stock orders to 98% of the U.S. in two days or less.
Learn more about Myers Tire Supply by visiting us at
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Akron, OH, USA
Share this job:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled