- Department: Production
- Supervised by: Shift Supervisor
- Status: Hourly, non-exempt
- Shifts: Day (6:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.) and Night (6:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.)
- Shift Type: 2-2-3 Schedule
- Pay Range: $14.25 per hour
- Benefits: Offered after 2 months of full-time employment; 401(k) matched up to 6%, $1.00 for $1.00
Main Purpose of the Job:
Accurate packaging of produced bottles by following all packaging procedures.
- Setup and operate multiple types of packaging equipment. Equipment may include, but is not limited to:
- Carton erectors
- Partition inserters
- Product inserters (MPV, VPM, PLU)
- Foil dispensers
- Top closers
- Palletization equipment
- Manual responsibilities include:
- Building and making boxes
- Hand packaging of bottles
- Visual quality checks
- Perform change overs of divers packaging equipment (e.g. case erector, partition inserter, top sealer, etc.)
- Applies correct labels
- The position description is not all inclusive and employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Accurately following all labeling procedures
- Quality checks
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of manufacturing experience preferred
- Capable of lifting 25 lbs. and standing for a minimum of 12 hours
- Able to work with multiple types of equipment simultaneously
- High cleanliness standards for the machines and work area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance
- Frequently required to handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
Required to act in a safe and environmentally responsible manner at all times by adhering to all ALPLA policies and procedures and Safety Standards (OSHA).
To Apply: Submit your resume by email to Theran Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org with "ALPLA Packaging" in the subject line.