Job ID 2021.55
Business Relationship Manager
Do you enjoy building relationships and developing partnerships in the DoD / Military space? If so, then look to join the Stellar Innovations and Solutions team!
Stellar is looking to partner with other federal contractors on bids & proposals for DoD & Military contracts. We’ve created a unique opportunity for a Business Relationship Manager to build relationships with federal contracting firms and uncover potential partnership opportunities.
This is NOT a sales position, there are no sales quotas to meet! This position is more about networking, building relationships and uncovering potential partnership opportunities. If you have knowledge / experience / contacts in the DoD / Military contracting space, then Stellar Innovations is the company for you!
Build new customer and industry teaming relationships:
- Identify potential industry partners.
- Identify, pursue, and win subcontract opportunities with large firm targets.
- Develop and execute new customer acquisition strategies.
Forge, cultivate, and manage external partner relationships – solely responsible for developing partnerships to include:
- Recommend partnership strategies.
- Identify opportunities to target specific partners.
- Work with teaming partners to identify opportunity targets.
- Oversee partner relationships (e.g., resolve issues/complaints, negotiate work share, oversee teaming agreements, ensure obligations are met by all parties).
- Work with internal/corporate departments to ensure SIS meets partner expectations.
- Recommend ways to refine processes and improve partner relationships.
- Identify key staff in target companies to cultivate profitable relationships.
- Establish realistic expectations to support development of mutual trust.
Forge, cultivate, and manage customer relationships – responsible for developing a strategy for expanding existing customer relationships and developing new customer relationships:
- Review company practices and make recommendations which will ensure customers obtain maximum satisfaction from services provided by SIS.
- Educate and inform customers about SIS’ products and services.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and recommend ways of improving satisfaction.
- 3+ years’ experience in the DoD / Military / Federal contracting space.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Industry certifications would be a plus (PMP, Certified Federal Business Developer, Certified Capture Manager, etc.).
SIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
This position description reflects SIS's assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company's latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.