Position: UX Researcher
Starts: Within a Couple Weeks
Rate: $100 - $160K based on experience (plus bonus)
Our large global financial services client is seeking a UX Researcher for a full-time position in multiple office locations:
NYC / Wilmington, DE / Plano TX / Columbus, OH.
This position will be onsite in those locations with some remote flex.
Compensation ranges from 100K - 160K plus bonus and is based on experience.
The UX Researcher will be joining a team that works on customer experiences and all the products customers engage with. There is a large amount of leadership support and investment internally in this space.
UX Researcher Overview
* Solid understanding of the principles of evaluative research and a demonstrable knowledge of multiple research methodologies and approaches (e.g. cadence testing, usability, RITE studies, formative vs. summative studies, intercepts, heuristic reviews, benchmarking, card sorts, etc.), and know the strengths and weaknesses of each.
UX Researcher Qualifications
* 4-8 years of practical user research experience.
* Design thinking experience - including planning and group facilitation.
* Foundational understanding of and experience with ethnographic, contextual inquiry, generative/exploratory research techniques would be strongly favored.
* Project management and negotiating skills are central to the position.
* Communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills required. Your ability to demonstrate success in these areas should quickly become obvious.
* Ability to communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methods and approaches-both orally and in writing-are an absolute must.
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft and Adobe suite products necessary, especially Excel, Illustrator, and InDesign.
* Knowledge of survey tools including dScout or Optimal Workshop, and prototyping tools including Keynote, Sketch, or other InVision tools are a plus.
* Experience with eye tracking research and software are a plus.
UX Researcher Primary Responsibilities
* Be able to quickly understand the needs of our internal clients-especially as they relate to who their users are and what questions they really need to have answered.
* Take a question or a problem and be able to translate it into a testable hypothesis-complete with a specific method and tasks that appropriately respond to research, project, and business objectives.
* Develop and conduct research initiatives and execute them on time and on budget.
* Motivate project teams with concise yet thorough reports and brilliantly prepared presentations under tight deadlines.
* Ability to lead a research study from beginning to end independently.
* Scope and plan research studies, consulting with relevant stakeholders and team members while maintaining important internal and external relationships.
* Plan, design, administer, and report on research studies, and produce associated materials (e.g. screeners, discussion guides, toplines, etc.).
* Conduct rigorous inductive and deductive analysis and understand how to synthesize insights to an appropriate level.
* Translate insights from complex concepts into meaningful and actionable insights including the design of visual frameworks and diagrams to support data.
* Command a room and present findings to team members and stakeholders from multi-disciplinary backgrounds and varying organizational levels.
* Be completely comfortable in ambiguous situations and have the ability to pivot to changing requirements.
* Have a creative spirit of collaboration and innovation in exploring future ideas and solutions through new and different research methodologies.
Submit resume (and samples if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org","jobLocationType":"Columbus","remotetype":" https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf