If you are an ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETYprofessional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opening for you in SIDNEY, OH! As the Safety Engineer, you will be in a unique position to make an impact both on individual employees, and on the organizations overall success. Reporting to the Human Resources Director, in this role you have the opportunity to execute on one of Emerson's core values with the ultimate goal of building an engaging safety culture for employees and driving business performance.
AS THE SAFETY ANALYS, YOU WILL:
- Manage safety programs for salaried office staff & labs
- Partner with organization leaders to establish strategies and grow a safety culture
- Drives development, implementation, and sustainment of EHS programs
- Coordination of safety training and all necessary content development
- EHS data input, tracking, and analysis
- Frequent interaction with others in the organization as the EHS knowledge center, offering guidance and suggestions for improvement.
- Responsible for Safety Information, Job Hazard Assessments. and Ergonomic Assessments
- Safety Systems owner, auditor, and enforcer including inspecting equipment for accident preventing devices (Lockout, Tag-out)
- Assist in developing and supporting an emergency response, zone leader, and first aid program
- Ability and experience driving engagement and energy around safety programs
- Supports and manages compliance with Environmental programs (Hazardous Waste, Stormwater, Air Permitting)
WHO YOU ARE:
You balance planning with actions. You make new connections and build relationships in other areas and teams. You understand the importance and interdependence of internal customer relations. You try different solutions for problems and learn from the results. You show consistency between words and actions.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity