Do you have a desire to work for an organization driven by empowerment and full inclusion? Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is one of the largest employers in the region; with the mission to empower those with disadvantages and disabilities to improve their quality of life. We employ over 600 associates just in our retail stores alone. GESMV also offers over 40 programs and services to the community ranging from job readiness programs to assistive technology services. We are always looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team.
Park Maintenance Worker
This position is full-time, 1st or 2nd shift, working in Lima's parks and rest areas.
Wages start at $10.32/hour.
To perform park maintenance to an acceptable level of quality as directed by the Contract Supervisor. Perform standard maintenance on all equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Restroom cleaning, dusting, dust mopping, wet mopping, window cleaning and other miscellaneous janitorial duties.
- Weeding, trashing, snow removal, leaf removal, mulching and mowing.
- Ensure that walkways are clear of debris or trip hazards.
- Place ice melt material when instructed by supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
Ability to read or identify names of chemicals on containers.
Experience with proper use of chemicals and equipment. Janitorial training helpful, but not required.
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens.
Must have reliable transportation.
Skills & Abilities
- Practical knowledge of custodial work, including cleaning and waxing compounds, mechanical equipment used.
- Ability to read or identify names of chemicals on containers.
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions, and terminations.