Job Purpose: planting, tending, and harvesting.
* Grows crops by planting plants.
* Maintains sturdy crop by taking out weeds; thinning plants.
* Maintains moisture and protects plant roots from temperature extremes by filling-up soil around plant roots.
* Forms trellises by setting-up poles; stringing wires and twine among poles; securing plants.
* Destroys diseases and insects by spraying fungicides and pesticides on plants.
* Harvests crop by bringing harvest containers to greenhouse; cutting vines from trellises; pulling leaves from stalks; packing harvested crop; inventorying crop; preparing for shipping.
* Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Enhances farm reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Lifting, Independence, Thoroughness, Results Driven, Time Management, Job Knowledge, Deals with Uncertainty, Teamwork