Minimum Salary 68,979.00 Midpoint Salary 79,326.00 Maximum Salary 89,673.00
From its humble beginnings since its founding in 2001, Westfield Bank has become one of the leading financial institutions in Northeast Ohio. Recognized by North Coast 99 and the Plain Dealer as a Top Workplace with a Five-Star Superior rating from BauerFinancial, the bank provides comprehensive personal, business, and agency banking products and services. Supported by Westfield Insurance, one of the nation's 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, Westfield Bank has grown to manage almost $2 billion in assets. The group's motto is "Sharing Knowledge. Building Trust." - a message and commitment lived out each day by employees across the country.
The center of the bank's business model revolves not around profits or numbers, but through personal relationships and close contact with its customers. All Westfield companies stress the importance of hiring quality employees, as well as developing them and empowering each employee to be the best they can be, both in their work and in their life. As an employee of Westfield Bank, you will have the opportunity to not only create peace of mind for our customers, but to grow your career in one of the best workplaces in Northeast Ohio.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Bank. To learn more about Westfield Bank and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfield-bank.com.
Commercial Portfolio Manager 2 Job Summary
The Commercial Portfolio Manager 2 performs the portfolio review, analysis, and reporting along with other activities in support of lender's portfolios. Constructs, prepares, and presents financial reports and credit summary memos that comply with Bank standards. The Commercial Portfolio Manager 2 is also responsible for representing Westfield Bank to current and potential external customers for the purpose of developing commercial loans and deposits. Networks within the business/civic communities to create sales and business development opportunities.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Proactively reviews portfolio for line of credit renewals, future maturities, financial statement spreads, risk rating, covenant compliance testing, etc. Compiles with necessary information for approval. Contacts borrowers to request current financial information if necessary.
2. Constructs, prepares, and presents financial reports and credit summary memos that comply with Bank standards.
3. Prepares and reviews weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for bank leaders
4. Works with the Bank Leader(s) and Lender(s) to create and design flexible commercial lending solutions for customers. Assists bankers with underwriting process.
5. Represents Westfield Bank to current and potential external customers for the purpose of developing both commercial loans and deposits.
6. Meets with current and potential clients to understand the specific customer repayment ability, operating trends, financial support of credit, and other various financial indicators.
7. Networks within the business/civic communities to create new sales and business development opportunities for the full range of Westfield Bank services.
8. Participates, as needed, on calls to business and prospective clients and tracks activity in bank's CRM system
9. Establishes and maintains profitable customer relationships with business clients by providing financial advice and Bank solutions.
10. Utilizes prior banking/business experience, knowledge, understanding of cash flow, and asset/liability valuation to analyze and recommend loan requests and assists in setting loan pricing options.
11. Understands, respects and complies with all laws, rules and regulations which govern Banking institutions.
12. Resolves difficult client situations (e.g. delinquent loans, turndowns).
13. Continually looks for opportunities to proactively upgrade and improve Bank administrative processes, technology, automation, and controls.
14. Maintains awareness, understanding, and compliance with the Bank's internal policies and procedures, laws and regulations appropriate for this position.
15. Provides assistance in response to regulatory and internal/external audit requests.
16. Travels in order to perform essential functions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum 2 years of commercial portfolio management experience.
2. Minimum 2 years' experience in analyzing financial information (e.g. tax returns, credit bureaus, financial statements) including credit scoring tools/methodologies.
3. Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office (specifically utilizing Excel) or transferable software and including financial systems.
4. Must display a high level of initiative via an entrepreneurial spirit.
5. Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing work via previous work assignments.
6. Experience being accurate with a focus on attention to details via previous work assignments.
7. Experience creating solutions and solving problems.
8. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to make presentations.
9. Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, statistics, business or other related field or equivalent work experience.
10. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
* Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.