$19.36/hr. plus $0.50/hr degree stipend -Probationary Bachelor’s Degree $20.13/hr. plus $0.50/hr degree stipend - After Probation Bachelor’s Degree $21.85/hr. - Probationary Master’s Degree $22.72/hr. - After Probation Master’s Degree
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Services, Psychology, or a related field. Knowledge of counseling, case management, interviewing, psychology and/or human behavior, sociology or social work, agency and/or community counseling programs and services specific to area in which employed, e.g., adoption and foster care programs, federal and state regulations governing delivery of services, e.g., foster home certification. Valid driver’s license. Erie County Residency preferred. Pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for total case management utilizing social work skills for assigned cases; including implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with state regulations and mandates for assigned area of child welfare.
- Areas of assignment may include but not limited to, on-call and scheduled protective services including investigation, assessment, intervention, monitoring, etc.
- Responsible foi custody investigations foi agency and court ordered, o All phases of Foster Care Program, o All phases of Adoption Program o Various placement supervision and investigations.
- Responsible for providing information and referral services.
- Responsible for preparing court related documents and providing court testimony when required.
- Responsible for maintaining a comprehensive record-keeping system, including preparation of social histories, case plans, home studies, etc., in compliance with agency standards.
- Responsible for providing counseling services when required, including individual and family, focusing on treatment and intervention.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining professional relationships with other agencies.
- Attend training conferences, seminars as required (overnight stay may be required.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of counseling, case management, interviewing, psychology and/or human behavior, sociology or social work, agency and/or community counseling programs and services specific to area in which employed, e.g. adoption and foster care programs, federal and state regulations governing delivery of services, e.g., foster home certification.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply principles to solve practical, everyday problems dealing with a variety of variables.
- Ability to recognize unusual or threatening conditions and take appropriate emergency action.
- Ability to critique individual programming and make feasible recommendations.
- Ability to gather, collate and classify information about date, people, things.
- Ability to develop good rapport with co-workers.
- Knowledge of treatment team concepts.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives.
- Ability to deal with large number of variables and determine specific courses of action on basis of need.
- Ability to use statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of agency practices and procedures.
- Ability to prepare routine business letters reflecting standard procedure.
- Ability to write accurate and meaningful reports.
- Ability to carry out instructions in written or oral form.
- Ability to work alone on most tasks.
- Knowledge of public relations.
- Ability to prepare and deliver speeches before general public.
- Skill in operation of a motor vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Services, Psychology, Sociology, or related field.
**Please apply online at www.eriecounty.oh.gov by 11/20/20 4:30 pm.
- Alternate frequently between sitting/standing/walking throughout an eight (8) hour workday.
- Lift/carry a minimum of eight (8) pounds.
- Reaching with bilateral upper extremities into/up to/down to various heights.
- Push/pull with twenty (20) pounds of initial force.
- Climb onto stepladder (2 steps).
- Able to ascend/descend stairs.