You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions, and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Info Security Intern for our summer internship program. Dates for the internship will be from May 16th, 2022 - April 28th, 2023 working full time during the summer and part time the rest of the year.
- Run various security and privacy scans based on established procedures and processes.
- Suggest improvements for scan processes based on experience and feedback from other team members.
- Recommend security or privacy controls and corrective actions based on observation or scan results.
- Share lessons learned, initial indicators of detection, and opportunities for strengthening detection capabilities.
- Produce monthly summary reports based on established procedures.
- Suggest improvements to monthly reporting based on observation and experience.
- Working knowledge of key information security related standards or guidelines, like OWASP, ISO 2700x series, Data Security and Privacy Acts, NIST 800-53, UK Security Essentials, and/or FedRAMP
- General understanding of application, network, operating system, and core infrastructure security concepts
- Organization and planning: Ability to understand and determine priorities, effectively manage time, and develop work plans to accomplish tasks and/or projects
- Judgment and decision making: Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Innovation and creativity: Ability to generate and translate ideas and adapt to change
- Teamwork: Ability to effectively participate and contribute as a member of a work group; ability to lead or follow others as appropriate to most effectively accomplish the goal or task at hand
- Communication: Ability to clearly organize and effectively convey information with the capability to motivate, develop, and mentor staff to optimize their performance
- Leadership: Ability to inspire others to work toward a common goal and reach their potential
- Ability to work under pressure: Ability to work concurrently on multiple initiatives in various stages, while maintaining attention to detail and managing deadlines
- Certifications, i.e. Security+, or equivalent certification, are a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity