You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions, and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
As a Quality Assurance Intern, you will be an integral part of an agile team, working interactively with Product Management, Software Developers, Test Engineers and Business Analysts to analyze software requirements, and provide test coverage for software functionality, security, reliability, and performance.
Dates for the internship will be from May 16, 2022 to April 28, 2023 working full time during the summer and part time during the rest of the year.
- Development of manual and automated software tests, record test results, analyze test failures, and report and raise issues to the team where appropriate.
- Analyze requirement specifications, define acceptance criteria, and ensure traceability between requirements and test coverage.
- Attend key Agile ceremonies, peer reviews on test conditions, test cases, test procedures and test scripts.
- Provide input to team documentation, including test planning, strategies, and bug reports.
- Propose/implement improvements that result in increased efficiency and a reduction of risk.
- Develops knowledge of testing tools, environments and other applicable technology.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Drive and enthusiasm about testing and software development.
- Working towards a bachelors degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Good written and oral communications.
Desired but not required:
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Processes and Methodologies.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity