You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Data Science Intern for our summer internship program. Dates for the internship will be from May 16th, 2022 to August 12th, 2022 working full time during the summer.
- Evaluating huge sets of data to find patterns, model behaviors and elevate visibility. This data includes billions of pieces of bibliographic metadata, application metrics, and transaction histories
- Supervised and unsupervised machine learning model development
- Support the visualization and presentation of results that come from data analysis and model creation
- Partnering closely with our Data Engineering teams to ensure quality data pipelines are built to make data available for data science use
- Experience coding in R and/or Python.
- Familiarity and comfort working with cloud ML solutions from AWS, such as SageMaker, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Texstract
- Familiarity with any data visualization platform, such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience writing SQL queries against relational databases
- Academic training in statistical methods such as t-tests and linear regression
- Comfort working with unstructured and semi-structured data in Hadoop; Hbase knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of bibliographic data structures or library systems a huge plus
- Self-confidence and ability to work without day-to-day instruction. You will need to take a problem and own it, engaging experts in the organization as you need them to assist
If youre a student looking to gain skills in:
- Data project management from source acquisition to cleansing to model creation to results visualization
- Dealing with datasets in the billions and trillions
- Integration of data insights and models into a business problem
- Advancing your understanding of real-life big data platforms
Come join our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity