Responsible for establishing and implementing employee programs and monitor processes that foster and promote a climate of trust, cooperation and confidence. Implements programs and administers policies that are perceived as, fair and equitable, consistent with the personnel programs and activities that fosters open and direct communications between the Company and all employees. Plans and carries out policies relating to all phases of human resources activity by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates in the Human Resource Department.
- Measures and provides feedback sentiments regarding the workplace, company programs, and other job-related matters. Actively engages all employees in the annual global survey, reviews and communicates results with both hourly and salary personnel, identifies method for facilitating action planning to include employees at all levels, and offers transparent updates on action plans that are recognized by employees as effective responses.
- Partners with the recruiting team in identifying new talent, interviewing, and onboarding of promotions, transferred employees or new hires.
- Drives the Performance Management annual review cycle through training programs for supervisors/managers, establishing goals, mid-year reviews, self-assessments and MGR reviews to achieve 100% engagement and completion. Assures compliance with all labor laws.
- Coordinates and facilitates employee relations programs at the plant level to ensure consistent labor relations practices. Generates excitement for the Company brand through monthly engagement activities in partnership with the management team and activities committee to include charitable events, holiday celebrations, diversity initiatives, etc.
- Assures equitable, motivating wage and salary administration procedures. Keeps abreast of compensation levels and trends in the general vicinity of the plant as they affect employee compensation. Administer the companys various insurance and other benefit programs.
- Establishes and maintains accurate personnel employment records which fulfill legal, corporate and general business requirements for pertinent up-to-date employee information.
- In conjunction with Managers identifies, plans and conducts or coordinates training programs, seminars, etc., designed to develop a high degree of competency, performance and commitment at all employee levels.
- Drives the plant Hi-Po process through identification of talent, action planning and consistent follow-up with the managers for desired outcome.
- Partners with the EHS Manager to ensure an aggressive safety and accident prevention program which involves educating employees, maintaining good housekeeping, providing and enforcing the use of safety equipment, providing effective medical/first aid procedures and services, establishing relationships with local medical facilities, reporting and maintaining complete and accurate records of injuries and assuring compliance with OSHA and Workers Compensation regulations.
- Represents the Companys interest during Employee Resolution proceedings, procedures, and administrative requirements including EEO, NLRB, Workers Compensation, and Union Grievance Meetings as required.
- Represents the Company by membership and/or participation in professional, civic, charitable, or similar organizations as appropriate.
- Responsible for implementation of corrective and preventative action and follow-up when discrepancies are detected in audits.
- Responsible for coordinating standardized work through the Company manufacturing system to achieve yearly targets.
- Manages and promotes a safe work culture
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or the equivalent in a responsible position.
- Minimum2 years in a responsible Human Resource Management function. This should have involved in the successful creation of good employee relations atmosphere, effective use of written and oral communications, and productive interpersonal relations at all levels.
- Experience and demonstrated level of expertise using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email applications, SharePoint. Kronos, ADP, Taleo, Oracle Fusion a plus.
- Confidence with presenting in front of large audience including executives, salary, and hourly workers. In addition, exceptional interpersonal skills with establishing long-term working relationships with all personnel and union officials.
- Professionalism related to relationships with co-workers; encouraging an environment of fairness and communication. Understands the role in the plant of being an employee and company advocate and in return, seeks advocacy from the employees this role serves.
- Must have Union experience in a manufacturing enviroment.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity