Shift Manager, Mechanical Maintenance - Iron Producing
As a Shift Manager, Mechanical Maintenance - Iron Producing at Cleveland-Cliffs Cleveland Works, you can expect to see your work everywhere; the steels you work with every day are used in building nations. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, challenging, family-like environments and are looking for opportunities to develop further in their career.
The Shift Manager, Mechanical Maintenance - iron Producing is responsible for promoting a positive work culture by being a role model for communication, safety, teamwork and education. This position manages the mechanical maintenance activity to improve equipment reliability while controlling cost and maintaining asset value for the Iron Producing Division including:
* Maintenance and reliability of equipment within their area and discipline.
* The training and evaluation of the bargained-for employees under their direction.
* Ensuring that all maintenance and repair activity are in compliance with OSHA and
* plant safety standards.
* Reviewing the day-to-day maintenance and operating activities.
* Prioritizing the activities of the bargained for employees in their area of responsibility.
* Writing specifications, upgrading and improving the design of equipment.
* The development of shift reports for maintenance activities.
* Directing and assigning the jobs or tasks to the bargained for employees.
* Coordinate work activities with contractors as required.
* Understands, communicates, and enforces company and department policies.
* Available for domestic and international travel as required (not frequent).
* On-Call 24/7. Shift work may be required.
* Weekend coverage will be required.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology or 5 years equivalent applicable work experience.
Three (3) years of maintenance experience in an industrial or heavy manufacturing environment. 3 years demonstrated experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, water systems, utilities, and mechanical equipment. Familiar with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with EOT crane inspection/repair.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technology with at least 3 years experience in an industrial or heavy manufacturing environment.
Familiar with PLC's / controls. Seven (7) years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably a steel plant, preferably a union facility with five (5) years experience in a supervisory role in maintenance. Blast Furnace maintenance experience desired.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
ArcelorMittal is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.