You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Resource Sharing Intern for our summer internship program. The intern will work the Resource Sharing team to understand the way we currently communicate with our users. With that knowledge work with the team to suggest/implement new paradigms using the latest socialization applications. Dates for the internship will be from May 16th, 2022 to August 12th, 2022 working full time during the summer.
- Use latest socialization technology to reach out to member libraries in new ways
- Inform library members about new features developed to help them improve service to library patrons by implementing additional channels of communications.
- Utilize gamification or other socialization applications to reach out to libraries in new and innovative ways
- Utilize new technologies to further engage user base.
- Other duties as assigned
- One year or more of college with coursework focused on marketing, social media marketing, library sciences or similar.
- Ability to work independently, follow written instructions, and a willingness to ask questions
- Experience utilizing technology/social media to engage user bases
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity