You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst Intern for our summer internship program. The BSA intern will follow the Associate/Junior BSA training plan working alongside a Senior or Lead BSAs supporting a high priority project at OCLC. Dates for the internship will be from May 16th, 2022 to August 12th, 2022 working full time during the summer.
- Complete hands on work to fully understand what is involved day to day in a BSA track career
- Manages ongoing relationship with business partner to drive satisfaction with IT
- Collaborate with departments to identify, document and communicate business needs and provide IT solutions.
- Gather, document and analyze business requirements and granular data from internal customers and stakeholders. Solicit this via interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and workflow analysis.
- Understand the relationships, data, data dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions.
- Support UI and API development
- One year or more of college with coursework in computer science or related technical discipline.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and influencing skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, adaptive and a strong team player with a good work ethic.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity