You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking an E-Learning Content Intern for our summer internship program. Dates for the internship will be from May 16th, 2022 to August 12th, 2022 working full time during the summer.
- Posting, editing and/or creating educational content and multimedia for the OCLC Support and Training website
- Maintaining links and content related to course offerings, tutorial videos and webinar recordings
- Maintenance related to web-based content for OCLC products and services
- Update statistical spreadsheets and team documents
- Other duties as assigned
- One year or more of college with coursework in instructional/educational technology, communications, or technology-related field
- Ability to work independently, follow written instructions, and a willingness to ask questions
- Organized, with an ability to meet deadlines and to handle urgent tasks
- Creative, enjoys learning, and has a good sense of humor
Basic knowledge and experience with the following preferred:
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and/or other web-based content management standards
- Microsoft Office
If youre a student looking to gain skills in:
- Practical experience creating, maintaining and using web-based educational materials
- Editing websites and writing for the web in corporate environment, including technical writing
- Collegial, team-focused environment and gaining familiarity with best practices for business communication
- Opportunity to refine and build creative and problem-solving skills
- Navigating business needs in corporate environment
Then, come join our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity