You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Human Resources Intern for our summer internship program. Dates for the internship will be from May 16th through August 12th, 2022, working full time during the summer hours.
The intern will be shared across several HR functions including Generalist/Employee Relations, Organization Development & Learning, Human Resources Information Systems, and Benefits & Wellness Programs.
- Partner with HR Generalist on new employee on-boarding, compliance efforts, employee relations, special projects and related work.
- Take ownership of an assigned project for the HR team. Responsible for project plans, communication, project updates, vendor management, and execution of project to ensure successful implementation.
- Support ODL team with logistical planning programs including training program set-up in our systems, venue reservations, catering coordination, video and telephone conferencing and other details to support training programs.
- Work with Benefits, Wellness and HRIS on promotions, events, and communications.
- Other duties as needed: Partner with and support other HR efforts as needed as a part of the HR team.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program.
- Proven reliability and success in previous work experiences.
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources through education, project teams, or work experiences.
- Self-starter, able to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
- High integrity individual with the ability to use good judgment regarding employee related confidential information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation
Desired but not required:
- Currently in a Human Resources degree program
- Prior HR experience or work experience in an HR related field
- Strong systems skills, experience with HRIS systems, e-learning tools, or other HR software
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity