OhioMeansJobs | Medina County is recruiting on behalf of a local healthcare company located in Medina, Ohio.
This full-time position will provide personal care for residents under direction of the administrative or clinical staff. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Addresses family and residents professionally and courteously promoting satisfaction and good communication.
• Follows the instructions of the Executive Director.
• Engages with residents and provides companionship.
• Observe and report any safety hazards found in the community or any significant observations regarding a resident.
• Attend staff meetings and participates in orientation of new associates.
• Report client complaints to the Executive Director or designee.
• Possess the ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Report abnormal findings in residents’ conditions to the Executive Director or designee.
Education: High School or GED required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures
- Problem-Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional client situations; responds promptly to client needs; solicits client feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others
- Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments