On behalf of a manufacturer in Akron, OhioMeansJobs Summit County is recruiting for a Compounder.
Manufacture natural and synthetic latex liquid compounds using a recipe;
Process dispersions using a recipe
Ship and receive all materials for both companies on site;
Load and unload freight with pallet jacks and forklifts;
Verify shipments with packing slips and purchase orders;
Visually inspect shipments for damage
Main Job Duties Include:
- Process latex compound and dispersions by following a written recipe
- Weigh specific types and quantities of liquid or solid raw ingredients using an automated dispensing system or manual scales, according to formulas
- Monitor mixing tanks, mills, mixers, pumps and compounding kettles
- Move completed batches into containers via pump or gravity drop
- Assist with raw material handling
- Collect samples on processed latex compounds and/or dispersions for lab analysis
- Clean equipment
- Process waste water
- Loading/Unloading Trucks
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, damages, or discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, or record-keeping purposes.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools or power tools
- Background Check and Drug Screen
- High School Diploma / G.E.D.
- Good math (including metric) and reading skills along with English fluency
- Safety and quality conscious
- High attention to detail
- Manufacturing or industrial experience
Tough/Challenging part of the job:
- Must be able to stand 8 hours per day
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently
- Must be open to wearing multiple hats and being cross trained
- Hot in the summer, cool in the winter
- 8:00am – 4:30pm (Monday- Thursday)
- 7:00am – 3:30pm (Friday)
- Possible Overtime, No nights, No weekends, No holidays
Training: Onboarding orientation is completed on the first day, safety training is conducted then you are moved to the floor to start one on one training with a seasoned member of the team
Compensation: $14 - $17 per hour
This is a 90-day temp-to-hire opportunity.
If you are hired on as a permanently, you will be offered the following benefits:
Hospitalization (75% of employee coverage covered by the company), 401K Retirement (with company matching), Vacation time available after 1 year of service, 6 paid Holidays per year, Quarterly bonuses and Annual wage increases based upon personal performance