The Associate Business Intelligence Developer collaborates with the Business Intelligence Developer in creating and managing Business Intelligence and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. This position works with the data warehouse designs and requires technical aptitude in database solutions that will be utilized for BI solutions. This position reports to the Senior Systems Manager.
Essential Functions are listed below; other duties may be assigned:
Analysis, design, and development
- Responds to data requests, providing the requested datasets in a variety of formats in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with business process owners and developers to gather, interpret, and troubleshoot different pieces of data.
- Gathers requirements for the creation of application reports and dashboards.
- Creates reports and dashboards to be embedded in SharePoint.
- Provides testing of reports, dashboards, automated ETL systems, and cubes.
- Assists with producing documentation as required.
- Assists with optimization of SQL queries and packages to ensure top performance.
- SQL and T-SQL
- Understanding of basic database concepts, objects, and proficiencies
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Data Tools, including SSMS, Visual Studio, SSRS, and SSIS.
- Understanding of basic reporting designs and models
- Documentation skills
Experience, Education, Certification and Skill Requirements:
- Four-year degree in Information Technology or related field required.
- 1-3 years of experience in database development, business intelligence or analytics preferred
- AWS and/or Azure familiarity preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Willing to learn and master new skills in a Business Intelligence Role
- Maintains proficiency and updates technical skills as needed.
- Understands relevant policies, procedures, and regulations of the NREMT functions to code solutions.
- Utilizes communication, organizational & customer service skills to effectively communicate with staff and the public and provide technical support and training to end users.
- Strong ability to work as a team and possesses strong interpersonal relationships.
- Has high ethics and integrity.
- Ability to influence others, maintain a positive attitude and has a strong commitment to the team and the National Registry while promoting cooperation and overcoming barriers to information sharing, communication, and collaboration across the organization.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Exhibits ability to be flexible and adaptability to change while maintaining dependability.
- Strong ability to take initiative and be resourceful.
- Excellent work ethics, supportive team member participation, and organizational growth ownership
- Strong desire to develop oneself.
- Knows, understands, and supports the mission of the National Registry.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize multiple tasks/demands and meet deadlines.
- Approaches challenging situations positively and participated in the development of realistic solutions.
- Accepts special projects and other assignments as needed.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills, adding, subtracting, dividing, etc.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the public.
- Must be able to accomplish tasks via the electronic environment such as video conferencing and digital collaboration.
- Must be able to effectively use a keyboard.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs.
- Must be able to work in an office environment with moderate noise.
The National Registry is an equal opportunity employer. All persons will be considered for employment without discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
For more information on the National Registry, visit www.nremt.org.  ;