The Business Analyst participates in the business implementation of technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, partners and information technology development staff. This position reports to the Director of IT.
Eliciting, organization and simplifying requirements
- Assists in implementation of advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing requirements
- Assists in prioritizing requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
Planning, monitoring and business case support
- Participates in planning the deliverables and timelines of the project
- Ensuring deliverables are met and assisting in triaging and organization of priorities
- Participates in business case development, project charter and project planning.
- Assists in the production of necessary supporting documentation
- Participates in testing accuracy of solution
- Participates in business and technical design solutions
Experience, Education, Certification and Skill Requirements:
- Four-year degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent
- 3 years of experience in Information Technology or related field required
- Technical certifications preferred
- Advanced computer skills/software knowledge is essential.
- Appropriate computer programming language needed.
- Problem solving, planning and organizing necessary.
- Applies knowledge of existing systems to solicit and organize requirement gathering and analysis.
- Maintains proficiency and updates skills as needed
- Understands relevant policies, procedures and regulations of the NREMT functions in order to write and design solutions
- Understands the value of project planning, including resources needed, processes and standards, documentation and progress tracking
- Utilizes communication, organizational & customer service skills to effectively communicate with staff and the public and provide technical support and training to end users
- Able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize multiple tasks/demands
- Approaches challenging situations positively and participates in the development of realistic solutions
- Strong ability to work as a team and possesses strong interpersonal relationships
- Effective ability and interest in building and maintaining strong relationships; especially clear communications with stakeholders
- Has high ethics and integrity
- Ability to influence others, maintain a positive attitude and has a strong commitment to the team and the National Registry while promoting cooperation and overcoming barriers to information sharing, communication and collaboration across the organization.
- Ability to speak to stakeholders and promote strong relationships
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Exhibits ability to be flexible and adaptability to change while maintaining dependability
- Strong ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Excellent work ethics, supportive team member participation, and organizational growth ownership
- Strong desire to develop one’s self
- Knows, understands, and supports the mission of the National Registry.
- Understands how the National Registry is organized and how it functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate the organization’s mission, vision and values
- Possesses exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize multiple tasks/demands and meet deadlines.
- Approaches challenging situations positively and participated in the development of realistic solutions
- Ability to document process, procedures, transactions and reports.
- Accepts special projects and other assignments as needed.
- Must be able to travel approximately 5 nights per year.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
- Must be able to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the public
- Must be able to perform advanced math skills, adding, subtracting, dividing, etc.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel
- Must be able to write high level policy and procedure documents including those for consideration of the Board of Directors
- Must be able to accomplish tasks via the electronic environment such as video conferencing and digital collaboration.
- Must be able to effectively use a keyboard
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs
- Must be able to work in an office environment with moderate noise.
- Must be able to travel approximately 5 nights per year
The National Registry is an equal opportunity employer. ?All persons will be considered for employment without discrimination against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.?
For more information on the National Registry, visit www.nremt.org.