Organize, prepare, and submit pricing proposals to customers. Reviewing drawings and specifications to prepare a qualified scope of work and bid. Accurate estimation of labor and material. Self-driven to meet deadlines and work as a team. Experience in metal fabrication field is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare takeoffs from blueprints, design renderings, specifications, and technical drawings.
- Estimate required labor and materials necessary to fabricate project - Communicate with Potential customers and inside Project Managers - Contact with suppliers searching for best pricing options.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Experience in estimating fabrication of structural steel, sheet metal, or misc. metals and welding
- Experience with 2D Cad and structural drawings is essential
- Strong math, technical writing and verbal communication skills required with high attention to detail
- Possible opportunity to move to higher position in future
Minimum Skills required CAD Drafter / Estimator
- Degree from a 2 or 4-year University in Construction, Architecture, Engineering, CAD, Drafting or other construction and/or business related major.
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite). Some experience and familiarity with Auto CAD. Experience with Take-off Software, Solid works is a plus.
- Maintain ability to work in different environments, mainly office, but occasional field observations.
- Demonstrated decision-making skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Deadline and detail oriented. Multi-tasking as well as accuracy is essential.
- Use standard business and financial stewardship practices. Clear oral and written communication, tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality are essential.
Required experience: Required CAD Drafter / Estimator
- Architectural and structural drawing knowledge, CAD, Construction management coursework and / or directly related business management experience. Construction experience and/or an internship within the construction industry is a plus. Familiarity with reading plans and knowledge of construction terms is required.
- Valid state driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $43,000.00 - $53,000.00 per year
To Apply: Send resume to email@example.com