Under general supervision, a Deputy Clerk of Courts maintains Common Pleas Court dockets, journalizes court proceedings and findings, computes court costs, handles routine billing, issues subpoenas and prepares court summonses, warrants, and notices, maintains a cashbook, answers phones, assists customers, and appears in court when a Deputy Clerk is required.
- Completion of secondary education with training or experience in computer skills
- Recommended but not required: training or experience in general office practices and proceedings
- Must be bondable
- Legal experience preferred
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Deputies appointed to serve under the Clerk of Courts provide a public service by performing the following functions:
- Answer phone calls and wait on customers as well as attorneys, and court staff
- Receive, file stamp, and enter into the court docket all Domestic, Civil, Criminal and Court of Appeals case filings
- Receive, file stamp, and journalize court findings and orders
- Issue and file Certificate of Judgments and every proceeding that can accompany judgments
- Prepare and issue court summonses, notices, subpoenas, executions and warrants as well as receive and file the return of these documents
- Compute court costs for all cases
- Handle money by collecting court costs, issue receipts, prepare daily deposits, reconcile cash book daily and monthly
- Monitor Court proceedings of criminal and civil jury trials
To Apply: Visit www.OhioMeansJobs.com and search by reference number, OR submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Deputy Clerk” as the subject line.