Position Title: Custodial Worker – Part time (Flexible hours - Average 12 hours per week)
Salary Range: $13.93 – $21.34 per hour (based on experience)
Position Description: To provide a safe and clean environment for the people served, the community and Board employees. All buildings operated by the Allen County Board of DD (Board).
- Perform maintenance and custodial duties, in the care of buildings and grounds, for a clean and safe environment while covering for a full-time custodian.
- Deep clean and sanitize specific offices and areas of buildings as assigned.
- Clean and Sanitize vehicles according to regular schedule.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Participates in training and educational opportunities both at the agency and through other sources, including all statewide opportunities.
Responsible To: Maintenance Foreman
- Flexible – Hours vary. Must be available to work evenings. An average of 12 hours per week; up to 40 hours when providing coverage. Must be able to provide coverage at very flexible hours for full-time custodial employees.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have minimum of 3 months’ custodial experience
- Have knowledge of and experience in operating industrial cleaning equipment, i.e.: buffer, scrubber, wet/dry vacuum, carpet extractor.
- Knowledge and experience in the safe handling of chemicals and cleaning supplies. Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Rules and Regulations regarding custodial duties.
- Knowledge of environment guidelines as per health code.
- Knowledge and experience in performing minor equipment and facility repairs, i.e.: electrical, plumbing, etc. Operation of sanitizing machine and other indoor equipment.
- Have knowledge of and ability to operate outdoor yard/snow equipment, i.e.: push mower, weed eater, hedge trimmer, snow-blower, yard tractor.
- A valid Ohio driver’s license is required, must maintain a driving record that is acceptable by the agency’s insurance carrier as verified by an annual driver’s abstract.
- Must have annual in-service training of safety procedures.
- Must provide proof of liability insurance on personal vehicles.
Christine Calvelage, Human Resources Director
Allen County Board of Developmental Disabilities
2500 Ada Road
Lima, OH 45801
(419) 221-1385, Ext. 1247
Date Posted: October 6, 2021
Final Date for Accepting Applications: Until Position is Filled
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
To Apply: Submit an Application for Employment and/or resume and cover letter to: Human Resource Department, Allen County Board of Developmental Disabilities, 2500 Ada Road, Lima, OH 45801 or by emailing email@example.com. Persons presently employed by this agency must submit an Application for Internal Job Posting.