We're forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can't do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it's in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
As a Program Manager for our Worldwide Professional Services Engagement Desk, you are maniacal about the customer experience! You are a specialist in sales, services and technology who never settles for the way things are and always looks for ways to improve. You love working with people and thrive on cross-functional collaboration. You bring your expertise and creativity to a team of experts responsible to create compelling solutions for our customers, optimizing the deal execution model to its most simple and repeatable form!Your mission is to create sales velocity through expertise in crafting optimal technical services scopes, level of effort, pricing and deal artifacts that create success for our customers and uphold NetApp's Professional Service standard of excellence.
* Deliver consistent and exceptional support to services sales and delivery including field support operations for scoping, LOE creation in support of bookings goals
* Provide expert guidance and day-to-day query resolution to services sales on services solutions, deal structures, pricing, scoping requirements, quoting and business terms to support sales efforts
* Provide a right-touch approach supporting complex situations and transactional deals including escalations and cross-functional solution brokering
* Ownership of technical responsibility for master services workbook tool for creation and customization of opportunities
* Create strong relationships with Worldwide PS geo and services sales leaders. Portfolio, Contracts, and Finance to maximize top line growth and operational efficiency within the team
* Scope requests for Professional Services required for the NetApp services portfolio offering within expected timeframe for custom firmed fixed price (CFFP). Identify opportunities for use of part numbers via Firm Fixed Price (FFP).
* Conduct research leveraging resources such as ONTAP 9 documentation center, Knowledge-based (KB) articles, hardware universe, and interoperability matrix tool
* Participate in Customer meetings to discuss NetApp technologies, migration, and best practices
* Provide technical guidance on NetApp products and services
* Proficient in technical writing at an executive and system administrator level to provide overview of services being quoted
* Proficient in conducting analysis of technical requirements and services while documenting the information in a scoping request
* Work autonomously with minimal guidance
* Technical understanding of work flow and time associated with Services. Be able to relate this to requests submitted and modify scope as necessary
* Partner with the Services Portfolio Management team for new or updated Service.
* Contribute to the creation of new Services in the LOE Workbook and required updates for existing services. Drive updates as suggested by outsides teams (Sales and Service Portfolio)
Deep knowledge and expertise with sales methodologies, service lifecycle, tools, processes, and measuring success through metrics
Understand the NetApp value propositions and ability to convey value from technology and how it fits within customer environments
5+ years' experience in a sales operations, serviceoperations, or customer facing sales role dealing involving program management
5+ years of operations experience process creation, process documentation and process implementation experience
Knowledge of workflow management, CRM and other systems and tools that help create efficiency is highly desired
Demonstrated experience working cross functionally to accomplish goals and objectives
Demonstrated ability to mitigate risks proactively and resolve issues; and escalate when appropriate
Proven ability to communicate, negotiate and influence senior business leaders while quickly earn the trust of sponsors and stakeholders
Able to synthesize and translate internal and external customer inputs, business performance metrics and strategic directives into projects and action plans
Able to understand complex business requirements and craft effective solutions to address them.
Preferred location is the Research Triangle Park (RTP) NC area, but will consider remote candidates located in East and Central time zones.
Typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or equivalent combination of relevant education/training/certificationsand applicable industry experience.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.