The goal of teachers at Little Prairie Learning Center is to provide a warm, loving, safe, and nurturing environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected. Infant teachers primarily interact with and instruct children between the ages of 6 weeks and 36 months. Children in this age group are typically learning basic social skills and developing their familiarity with language; Toddler Teachers develop lesson plans that help teach and reinforce basic skills such as counting and speaking. They also develop plans for activities and constructive playtime that contribute to social and emotional development.
Specific responsibilities included, but are not limited to the following:
- Protects the safety of all children in the center
- Directly supervise children at all times
- Uses positive phrasing with children
- Communicates frequently with children throughout the day, naming objects, actions, using who, what, when, where. and why, and open-ended questions
- Exhibits behavior management consistent with Little Prairie Learning Center philosophy, including reflecting children’s feelings, approaching children to speak with them, directing comments toward children’s behavior, not at the children themselves, etc
- Co-plays/interacts with children during play activities both indoors and on the playground
- Treats each child with dignity and respect, recognizing the cultural and socio-economic diversity of the population
- Responds to the individual needs and learning styles of children.
- Responds to children in distress promptly and appropriately
- Helps children serve themselves family-style and sits with children; preferably eats with them, and monitors children closely during meals
To Apply: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reliable and dependable
- Prior teaching and/or childcare experience
- Friendly and compassionate, with high energy levels, and the ability to maintain the safety of young children
- Possess a CDA (Child Development Associate certification) or currently working towards CDA (preferred but not required)
- Documents and remains current with state requirements for physical examination, First-Aid, CPR, in-service training, etc.